Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Beranda » , » Death: A Most Authentic Experience

Death: A Most Authentic Experience

Autumn, A Wood Path
 Sanford Robinson Gifford (1823-1880)

It's Sylvia Plath's birthday: Sun Scorpio, Moon Libra, Aquarius Rising.
(b. October 27, 1932) 

A real Scorpio has to find the authentic experience. A real Scorpio has to dive deep and come back again, transformed. Death is a very authentic experience. Here is a a fragment from her poem about suicide, Lady Lazarus. Lazarus himself came back from the dead, of course. Plath lives on in her poetry.

"...
Dying
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well.

I do it so it feels like hell.
I do it so it feels real.
I guess you could say I've a call
...

Out of the ash 
I rise with my red hair
And I eat men like air."

[fragment from Lady Lazarus]


for the complete poem click here.