Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beranda » , » My Own (Small and Rather Pleasant) Partial Eclipse

My Own (Small and Rather Pleasant) Partial Eclipse

The Lizard, Cornwall
You never know just how the movement of the planets is going to shape your day to day experience, no matter how much time you spend poring over ephemerides and reading reference books.

Here's what I mean.



I've just been on the most gorgeous holiday with my family to the very tip of England, the Lizard in Cornwall. It was warm; it was beautiful. We walked out the front door and found 48 different wild flowers (that we could name) – red campion, meadowsweet, sea pink, vetch; queen anne's lace, wild mustard, wild carrot, bluebells, bugle, iris  – and many more that we didn't know.

Sea pinks, Mullion Cove
I knew a partial solar eclipse was going to happen in the middle of our holiday - but I believe in going with the flow and I also know from experience that the affects of eclipses are unpredictable.

The eclipse was in Gemini (communications) in the career sector of my own chart, squaring my Sun. So you can guess where the black out was…

No internet, no mobile phone signal – just the sighing of the sea. All my plans for writing on holiday were nixed right at the start.

The planets made me pause; I didn't do any work at all.

Did I have a good holiday as a result? Yes, it was a perfect – and I'll get those June horoscopes posted.