Friday, November 19, 2010

Beranda » , » "Don't Mind Me - I'm Just Your Astrological Mirror"

"Don't Mind Me - I'm Just Your Astrological Mirror"

Beware of astrologers projecting their stuff onto you. Here's what happened to me the other day.

I go to various astrologers' groups. Obviously, it's important  to do this in order to talk about work, keep up-to-date with new ideas and exchange insights. Usually, the meetings are hugely enjoyable because I get to talk about astrology, my favourite subject, and hang out with some nice people.

If we feel its relevant to the subject, we bring our own charts.

So this time I did. Mistake.



Things went swimmingly, insights were made, brownies were eaten. Then at the end of the evening, this person, whom I'd never met before, cornered me intently and fixed me with a basilisk eye. Clutching a copy of my chart, he began to tell me about myself, pointing out all kinds of deep psychological flaws and hidden hang ups that I probably had been fighting for years.

Not only was it all rather startling news to me; what he said was so far off the mark, it was ludicrous. So I tried not to laugh and made my escape. I hope politely - I have 7th house Sun.

I realised, of course, that he was not just reading squares for trines, but he was reading himself in me. He was using me as a mirror. And let me tell you, none of it was nice.

It's funny because the subject under discussion was Neptune - the foggy planet which shows us where  we project our own dreams or nightmares.

But I got a salutary reminder about bad astrology out of this encounter. If had not known my stuff, I might have left that do feeling pretty bad about myself.

As it was, I left with these two thought: "Never assume that you know your client better than they know themselves. And always ask questions to make sure you're finding the right story."